#nachhaltighandeln for Berlin
Sustainability is a top priority at IBB and is firmly anchored in our corporate strategy. Our goal is to make Berlin more sustainable! All of our support activities, for instance, for founders, SMEs, the housing sector, environmental protection, energy saving and renewable energy, are geared to Berlin’s sustainable development.
We can only create lasting economic prosperity through sustainable action, which is why sustainability is such a high priority at IBB. Every day, our employees work hard to ensure that we as a promotional bank become even better in terms of sustainability. We want to use our resources efficiently, #nachhaltighandeln, and through our funding programmes support activities that preserve our natural environment as a basis for life. This creates long term prosperity and a more socially just society.
Chairman of the Board
IBB’s sustainability guidelines
With its products, IBB is helping the Federal State of Berlin to achieve its climate policy goals for CO2 reduction and to cope with demographic change. In addition, IBB meets high legal standards in its dealings with customers, suppliers and staff by using its resources efficiently.
IBB Unternehmensverwaltung (IBB UV), the owner and sole shareholder of IBB, has developed sustainability guidelines for the entire IBB Group for the first time. These were adopted by the IBB Board of Management and IBB UV on 5 January 2022 and apply to the entire IBB Group.
Our sustainability goals
- Support ‘Climate Neutral Berlin’ by 2045
- Enable EUR 15 billion in sustainable funding based on the SDGs by 2030
- Be the most important contact point in Berlin for ‘sustainable funding opportunities’ by 2030
- Climate-neutral bank operations from 2022
- Integration of the SDGs into all of IBB’s fields of action
- Achieve the goals and measures laid down in the sustainability programme
Our contribution to the SDGs
IBB is committed to the 17 global goals for sustainable development adopted by the United Nations (UN) in 2015, the so called Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and applies these goals in a transparent and measurable manner to its fields of activity. The SDGs are to be achieved by 2030 and aim at economically, ecologically and socially sustainable development. By referencing the SDGs, we show even clearer how financing is making a sustainable contribution to the further development of our environment. Our contribution to the SDGs is presented in our Sustainability Report.
Sustainability brochure of the IBB Group
Sustainability has a high priority in the IBB Group. Therefore, we actively promote the sustainable development of Berlin. How do we contribute? What are we planning? We show our way to the "Impact Bank Berlin" in our sustainability brochure.
Sustainability Reports of IBB Group (in German only)
Our Sustainability Reports (in German only)
- IBB Nachhaltigkeitsprogramm und Bilanz 2021 Daten-Update, barrierefrei (PDF)
- IBB Nachhaltigkeitsbericht 2021 Daten-Update, barrierefrei (PDF)
IBB Nachhaltigkeitsprogramm und Bilanz 2020
Nachhaltigkeitsziele und Maßnahmen
- IBB Nachhaltigkeitsbericht 2020, barrierefrei (PDF)
- IBB Nachhaltigkeitsbericht 2018, Daten-Update 2019 (PDF)
- Nachhaltig handeln. IBB Nachhaltigkeitsbericht 2018 (PDF)
- IBB Nachhaltigkeitsbericht 2015, Daten-Update 2017 (PDF)
- IBB Nachhaltigkeitsbericht 2015, Fortschreibung 2016 (PDF)
Telephone: +49 (0) 30 / 2125–4226