'Berlin Mittelstand 4.0' at a glance
loans for investment in growth and digitalisation measures
between EUR 2m and EUR 6m at low interest rates
IBB grants up to 60% exemption from liability for the borrower’s bank
flexible terms ranging from three to ten years
'Berlin Mittelstand 4.0' in detail
- Small and medium-sized enterprises
- Larger medium-sized enterprises (with fewer than 3,000 employees)
- Freelance professionals
The support programme is designed for companies working in manufacturing, IT and in the services sector with an operating facility or registered office in Berlin.
Who is not eligible for support?
Financing is not available for the following sectors: agriculture and forestry, aquaculture, fisheries, the iron and steel-making industry, the construction, hospitality, hotel sectors, as well as retail (except mail order).
- Investments in establishment and expansion
- Related operating equipment and pro-rata wage costs
- Other projects related to the use of IT solutions and digital networking of production and service (Industry 4.0)
- Loans of between EUR 2 million and EUR 6 million
- IBB grants the borrower's bank 60% liability exemption.
- Low, risk-based interest rates
- The latest interest rates can be found in the Overview of terms and conditions.
- Flexible terms ranging from three to ten years
- Payments are effected each quarter and in arrears.
- 100% paid out
- Applications must be submitted to the applicant's bank with reference to Investitionsbank Berlin's programme 'Berlin's medium-sized businesses in Industry 4.0'. Your application should include all the required documents. Please use our checklist and the application form to complete your application.
- Your bank will finance your project up to 100%. The decision as to whether the loan will be granted is made by the applicant's bank on the basis of a credit assessment and collateral check. You and your bank reach an agreement regarding the type and extent of collateral. If this check is positive, the bank approves the loan on the application form and passes the documents on to IBB.
- Due to the 60% exemption from liability for the applicant's bank, IBB also performs a credit assessment. If the result is positive, IBB can approve the loan.
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our Customer Centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
Please note: Applications are accepted in German only.
The loan will be refinanced at a low interest rate from IBB funds with a partial counter-guarantee from the Federal State of Berlin. The borrower's creditworthiness and the quality of the collateral are reflected in seven price categories. The loan is granted with a customer-specific interest rate within the scope of the maximum interest rate in the respective price class. Exemption from liability does not lead to an increase in the interest rate. The latest interest rates can be found in the overview of terms and conditions.
The loan is paid back after a grace period in equal quarterly instalments. During the grace period, only the interest on the loan amount is repaid. Early repayment of all or part of the outstanding loan amount is possible, however, a prepayment penalty will be charged.
During loan negotiations, the company is rated by the borrower’s own bank and by IBB. The rating result (assessment of the company's creditworthiness) and the intrinsic value of the collateral provided form the basis for the interest rate charged by the borrower’s bank. A company rating from a third party is not required for an application.
A project financed under this programme cannot also receive funding from 'Gemeinschaftsaufgabe Verbesserung der regionalen Wirtschaftsstruktur (GRW)' or 'Landesbürgschaften' .
This programme can be combined with other support programmes within the scope of the EU's limits for grants.