Who is responsible for data processing?
Pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
represented by the Board
Telefon: 030 / 2125 - 0
Data Protection Officer at IBB
What data is collected during your visit?
When you use the website for information purposes only, i.e., if you do not register or provide us with any other information, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis being Art. 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR).
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents of the query (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- Website where the query originated
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
In the interest of system security, our Internet server temporarily records the following data when you visit our web pages: the access date and the domain name or IP address of the requesting computer, the client’s file request (file name and URL), the HTTP response code and the website from which you are visiting us, as well as the number of bytes transferred during the connection. This data is only used if necessary for error analysis.
Contact forms and e‑mail communication
When you contact us by e mail or using our order/contact forms, we will store the data that you provide us with (e.g. e mail address, family name, first name, title) in order to process your order/questions. We will delete the data collected in this context after storage is no longer necessary or we will restrict processing if there are legal obligations to retain data.
- With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter so that we can provide you with information about our latest offers.
- We use the double opt-in procedure for subscribers to our newsletter. This means that after subscribing to our newsletter, you will receive an e‑mail with a confirmation link. If you do not confirm your registration within seven days, your data will be blocked and automatically deleted after one week. Furthermore, we store the IP addresses that you used and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove the fact of your registration and, if necessary, to investigate any possible misuse of your personal data.
- The only mandatory information required during registration is your e‑mail address. The provision of further data is voluntary and this data will be used exclusively to address you personally in the newsletter. After your confirmation we will store your e‑mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) lit. a) GDPR.
- You can revoke your consent at any time. Send an e‑mail to with the subject "Unsubscribe Newsletter" or click on the link provided in the newsletter.
Register for an event
- By registering for an event, you agree to the collection, storage and use of the following personal and special data (Art. 9 GDPR).
- When you register, your personal data (family name, first name, organisation/institution and function) will be passed on to the third parties commissioned to implement the event. IBB will ensure that your rights are protected in this context.
- When you register, you give your consent, which you can revoke at any time, to us using your e‑mail address to send you invitations and information related to IBB and its subsidiaries. In this case, sending invitations electronically is equivalent to sending them by post.
- Photos are regularly taken at our events, some of which are published on our homepage, our social media channels and, where appropriate, in IBB newsletters, for example. If you do not wish to be photographed, please inform the photographer on site.
Analysis and statistics
We use etracker for our website analysis.
With the current etracker code, no cookies are set by default nor is local storage used for web analytics. According to our legal assessment, this means that there is no ‘storing of information’ or ‘access to information already stored in the terminal equipment of a subscriber or user’ within the meaning of Art. 5 (3) of Directive 2002/58 (Cookie Directive).
The following data is processed when the page is accessed:
- the pseudonymised IP address;
- information on the end device, operating system and browser used;
- geo-information up to city level;
- the URL called up with the corresponding page title and optional information on the page content;
- the website from which the accessed individual page was reached (referrer site);
- the subsequent pages that were accessed from the web page accessed within a single web page;
- the time spent on the website;
- other interactions (clicks) on the website, such as search terms entered, files downloaded, videos viewed, items ordered.
The data collected is processed and stored by etracker on our behalf exclusively in Germany and is therefore subject to German and European data protection laws and standards. etracker has been independently audited and certified in this regard and awarded the ePrivacyseal data protection seal of approval.
Data processing is carried out on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. f) – Legitimate interest – of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). It is our legitimate interest to optimise our online offer and our website. Since we are particularly committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors, etracker anonymises the IP address as soon as possible and converts login or device IDs to a unique key that is not assigned to a person. etracker does not use the data in any other way, combine it with other data or pass it on to third parties. For more information, go to: www.etracker.com/datenschutz.
You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time with effect for the future.
You have the following rights in relation to us regarding your personal data:
- Right of access by the data subject (Art.15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR) or deletion (Art.17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
- Right to object to processing (Art. 21 GDPR).
You can revoke your consent given to Investitionsbank Berlin pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a) GDPR at any time in the future. This also applies to consents granted before the GDPR came into effect. Processing that took place before revocation will not be affected by this.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
(Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit)
10969 Berlin, Germany
In order to protect your data managed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons, we use technical and organisational security measures which are continuously improved in accordance with technological developments. The employees of Investitionsbank Berlin are bound to observe data protection and confidentiality.
The transmission of sensitive data (e.g. personal data when using the electronic forms) that is exchanged between users and Investitionsbank Berlin is carried out using encrypted connections that comply with the current state of the art.
Third party providers and links to other websites
Links to other websites
Social media share buttons
We use the one-click ‘Shariff’ solution to protect you when you use the share buttons to share our content on social media channels (Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn). Unlike traditional share buttons, your information is only shared with these providers when you actually click on the buttons.
YouTube video integration
- By playing a video, YouTube receives the above-mentioned data as determined by your browser. This is carried out regardless of whether you are logged in with a YouTube and/or Google account.
- If you are logged in with a YouTube and/or Google account, the data will be assigned to your account. If you would like to prevent this, log out of YouTube/Google before playing the video.
- Further information regarding the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by YouTube/Google can be found at: policies.google.com/privacy.
- Google also processes your personal data in the US and has submitted to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. For more information, visit privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.