'Landesbürgschaften' at a glance
Guarantees of between EUR 1.25m and EUR 10m
Guarantee ratio up to 70% of the loan amount
Term of up to 15 years
De minimis support
'Landesbürgschaften' in detail
Commercial enterprises or freelancers with a permanent operating facility in Berlin as well as persons who, with the help of the federal-state-guaranteed loan, invest in companies in which they hold an executive position.
Security for guarantees and loans:
- to finance initial investments,
- to finance investments in line with operational requirements,
- to provide temporary funds to finance current business activities,
- to buy shares in the company.
What is not eligible for support?
- Additional guarantees for existing loans
- Guarantees are issued to secure new guarantees and loans to be granted
- For projects with a guarantee amount of between EUR 1.25m and EUR 10m
The institution to which you apply for the guarantee depends on the guarantee amount.
- For projects with a guarantee amount of up to EUR 1.25m via BBB Bürgschaftsbank zu Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH in a parallel counter-guarantee procedure with the Federal Government and the federal state.
- For projects with a guarantee amount of between EUR 1.25m and EUR 10m via Investitionsbank Berlin by means of a federal-state guarantee.
- For projects with a guarantee amount of more than EUR 10m via PricewaterhouseCoopers AG (PwC) in a joint large guarantee procedure with the Federal Government and the federal states.
- Guarantees granted as de-minimis support
- Once-off fee at the time of application
- Current fees during the term of the federal-state guarantee
- A commitment fee may be payable
More detailed information can be found in Appendix 3 'Landesbürgschaften' guidelines (german only)
Before submitting a formal application to your financing bank, we recommend that you submit to us a summary of your project and its financing as well as a brief description of your company. On the basis of these documents, we will check whether the basic requirements for assuming a federal-state guarantee are met and will send you the application forms.
The application for a state guarantee is formally bound to the lender, i.e. the borrower submits its application to IBB via the borrower’s financing bank. The borrower’s bank supplements the guarantee application with its own report on the borrower and the project to be financed.
Please note that an application fee is due and payable when you submit your application!
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our Customer Centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
Please note: Applications are accepted in German only.
Federal-state guarantees are only granted if other collateral is not available to the extent required.
The application fee is due and payable when the application is submitted. For reasons of simplification, the applicant will receive an invoice for the amount due and payable together with confirmation of receipt of the application. Processing and examination of applications will begin after payment of the application fee.
It is usually possible to combine this programme with other programmes. However, the maximum support and assistance defined by the European Commission may not be exceeded.