'Zwischenfinanzierung' at a glance
Loans and guarantees for interim financing of film productions
Up to EUR 3.75m with a fair risk-based interest rate
Joint financing with ILB
Closed overall financing and customary bank collateral required
'Zwischenfinanzierung' in detail
- Production companies based in Berlin or Brandenburg
- German production companies with projects in Berlin or Brandenburg
- Start-ups with sufficient production experience (budget experience, successful projects)
- Channel co-productions
- Distribution and sales guarantees
- Contract productions for other media areas (with low risks)
- Loans and guarantees up to EUR 3.75m (minimum amount usually EUR 100,000)
- Risk-based, fixed interest rate over the entire term
- In individual cases, additional fees depending on the type of contract
- Guarantee commission
- Informal applications can be submitted to Investitionsbank des Landes Brandenburg (ILB) or to Investitionsbank Berlin. Applications can also be submitted via Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH .
- Please enclose all the necessary documents with your application. Please use our Checklist (german only) to complete your application.
- ILB will check and process your documents.
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our Customer Centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
We generally only support film and TV productions in which we can assess the quality and creditworthiness of the client. These clients are typically television channels. Other clients are also possible, e.g. publishers, as long as we can assess them.
A Letter of Intent (LOI) from the client is sufficient for interim financing.
Interim financing will only be granted if production is fully financed. It is not part of overall financing.
All customary bank collateral should be provided (e.g. personal guarantee, assignment of project-related payment claims).