Programm für Internationalisierung - Förderung von KMU-Projekten
Grants to implement internationalisation strategies
Do you have a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) based in Berlin and/or with an operating facility there? Do you want to present your products at international events and open up new markets? IBB provides grants to support companies in their internationalisation efforts.
'Förderung von KMU-Projekten' at a glance
Earmarked grant as de-minimis aid
EUR 3.000 EUR min., EUR 12.000 max.
Support for up to 50% of costs
Support for participation at fairs, exhibitions, conferences, exchanges, fashion shows and showrooms
'Förderung von KMU-Projekten' in detail
Who is eligible for support?
- SMEs in manufacturing and production-related services as well as
- SMEs in defined clusters that are of outstanding importance for structural change at the location,
with their registered office and/or an operating facility in Berlin.
Who is not eligible for support?
- Trade businesses (retail/wholesale trade) who do not produce and whose main purpose is the purchase and sale of goods or services
- Consultancy firms of any kind
- Freelance professionals
What is supported?
Measures to promote the internationalisation of a company:
Participation in trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, exchanges, fashion shows and showrooms both in Germany and abroad of a mostly international and professional/technical nature unless such events primarily serve as direct sales events.
What kind of support is available?
- Non-redeemable, earmarked grant in the form of partial financing for up to 50% of the expenditure eligible for support
- From EUR 3,000 to EUR 12,000 max. as support for each individual measure
- The overall expenditure eligible for support must total at least EUR 6,000.
- The grant constitutes de-minimis aid.
Terms and conditions
- Within one calendar year, support for participation in trade shows, exhibitions, or conferences as well as fashion shows or showrooms in Germany and abroad is granted no more than three times.
- No support is available if other public grants have been received for the same funding purpose (prohibition on cumulation).
How to apply
- Applications can be submitted at any time.
- Please submit your application no later than six weeks before starting the measure. Please ensure that the future starting date for the measures is not more than 12 months from the date of your application.
- You can apply for funding for one or more measures in one application. A separate decision will then be made regarding each of the measures in the application.
- Funding can only be granted for projects that have not yet commenced at the time the application is submitted (received by IBB). The time of commencement is considered to be the time when a delivery or service agreement is signed for the project. It is not possible to sign up for a measure before submitting an application and this will result in rejection of the application.
- In order to apply, submit the completed application form along with the supporting documents (see checklist (german only)). You can apply online using the application process provided on IBB’s customer portal. Alternatively, you can download your completed application form and send this by post or submit it in person.
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our Customer Centre will be pleased to answer questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
Please note: Applications are accepted in German only.
Competitiveness of Berlin’s economy
The Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research is strengthening the international competitiveness of Berlin's economy and supports SMEs in opening up new markets abroad.