'Landesbürgschaften für künstlerische Arbeitsräume' at a glance
Support for artists
Loan guarantee to purchase, renovate or modernise working space in Berlin
De minimis support
only without other forms of collateral
'Landesbürgschaften für künstlerische Arbeitsräume' in detail
Professional artists or groups of artists with a working facility in Berlin.
- to purchase working space (studios, rehearsal rooms for the performing arts and theatre groups, music rehearsal rooms and offices for writers) for the artists’ own use and, if applicable, to cover the cost of related modernisation or renovation measures or
- to purchase shares in associations to manage a property with a studio
- Guarantees are issued to secure new loans to be granted
- The loan to be guaranteed must be secured by a land charge
- Guarantees granted as de-minimis support
- Once-off fee at the time of application
- Current fees during the term of the ‘federal-state guarantee’
- A commitment fee may be payable
Before submitting a formal application to the financing bank, please contact the Senate Department for Culture and Europe regarding its assessment and pre-examination. The application for a federal-state guarantee is formally bound to the bank, i.e. the borrower submits its application to IBB as agreed to with the financing bank. The borrower’s bank supplements the guarantee application with its own report on the borrower and the project to be financed.
Please note that an application fee is due and payable when you submit your application to IBB.
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our Customer Centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
Please note: Applications are accepted in German only.
- Federal-state guarantees for working space are only granted if other collateral is not available to the extent required.
- The loan to be guaranteed must be secured by a land charge.
- The application fee is due and payable when the application is submitted to IBB. For reasons of simplification, the applicant will receive an invoice for the amount due and payable together with confirmation of receipt of the application. Processing and examination of applications will begin after payment of the application fee.