'Berlin Start' at a glance
Loans to finance start-ups and expansion for companies that are no more than 7 years old
Up to EUR 1.5 million with a fixed interest rate
With an 80% guarantee by the guarantee bank
Term of between six to ten years with up to two years at the beginning redemption- free years
'Berlin Start' in detail
- People starting up in business in the commercial industries and in freelance professions
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the commercial industries
- Freelance professionals
who have not been in business for more than 7 years prior to applying for the loan.
The place of investment must be in Berlin.
- Establishment of a new company
- Takeover of an existing company, however, financing of the purchase price is ruled out in the case of a transfer between first-degree family members
- Operating equipment
- Projects carried out up to 7 years after establishment (consolidation)
- Granted via the applicant's bank in conjunction with an up to 80% guarantee by BBB Bürgschaftsbank zu Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH
- Founder loans of up to EUR 1.5 million (minimum loan amount: EUR 5,000)
- Financing share of up 100%
- Term of between 6 and 10 years with up to 2 initial redemption-free years
- Fixed interest over the entire term The nominal and effective interest rates are fixed by Investitionsbank Berlin.
- The latest interest rates can be found in the Overview of terms and conditions.
- 100% paid out
Applications must be submitted prior to commencing the project (e.g. before conclusion of a purchase agreement) because debt re-scheduling and refinancing are not possible.
- Using the application form (german only) provided, submit your application – also for the BBB guarantee – along with the necessary documents to your bank.
- Please use our checklist (german only) to complete your application.
- The decision as to whether the loan is to be granted is made by your bank after checking the subject matter and credit rating.
- If this check is positive, the bank will approve the loan on the application form and pass the application documents on to BBB.
- Once checked, BBB will pass the documents on to IBB where they will be checked with a view to the requirements applicable to support.
- The loan agreement will be made between you and your bank. The bank will finance your project up to 100%.
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our Customer Centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
Please note: Applications are accepted in German only.
At the time of application, a handling fee of currently 1.5% of the loan applied for will be charged along with guarantee commission totalling 1.5% p.a. of the loan sum. The guarantee fees must be paid to BBB Bürgschaftsbank zu Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH.
Interest is payable quarterly in arrears on 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 30 December of each year. Interest payments begin on the day following partial or full payout and end on the day of the complete redemption. Repayments are made quarterly on 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 30 December of each year.
In addition to the guarantee provided by BBB Bürgschaftsbank zu Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH, all customary bank collateral should be provided.
You can combine the 'Berlin Start' programme with other business development programmes, e.g. with funds from the 'GRW' programme.