'Berlin Infra' at a glance
Public funding for infrastructure projects in Berlin
Loans of up to EUR 100 million
Term of up to 30 years
Fixed interest rate
'Berlin Infra' in detail
Public companies based in Berlin in which the Federal State of Berlin is the majority shareholder are eligible for support.
The public funds can be used to invest in the infrastructure of the Federal State of Berlin – follow-up financing and refinancing are also possible, for instance, in the following areas:
- Supply and disposal
- Structural policy (business development agencies/regional development agencies)
- Transport infrastructure/local public transport
- Social infrastructure (hospitals, nursing homes for the elderly, assisted living)
- Education and research infrastructure
- IT and other business-related services
- Energy saving and conversion to eco-friendly fuels
- Development measures, including land acquisition costs
- Municipal housing
Loans are granted on the basis of a private-law contract with the following terms and conditions:
- Maximum loan sum: EUR 100m
- Financing of up to 100% of the total financing demand.
- Term: up to 30 years
- Interest: typically a fixed interest rate, 10 years max.
- Payment: typically in equal instalments (e.g. quarterly or twice a year), early redemption-free years possible
- Collateral: customary
- Loans are granted by the applicant's bank. In exceptional cases, financing may also be provided by IBB alone.
- These loans can be combined with other public support funds (e.g. by KfW-Bankengruppe).
Please note: Applications are accepted in German only.