- Technology-orientated, legally independent, profit-orientated small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who develop their own products, processes or services and in doing so perform the main steps of development themselves.
- SMEs that are not technology-orientated are eligible if the project in which the innovation assistant is to be involved and his or her activities have major technology links and also involve an in-house development component to a significant extent.
Applicants must have at least one facility in Berlin.
Support is available for innovative projects which are implemented within the scope of qualified, new employment contracts to be entered into with graduates from universities, universities of applied sciences or institutions offering similar, state-recognised qualifications.
Support is provided as non-redeemable grants for project-based employment of graduates from universities/universities of applied science as innovation assistants.
- Grants total up to 50% of the innovation assistant's gross taxable salary. Since maximum salary costs of EUR 40,000 are considered, support is limited to EUR 20,000.
- The subsidy term totals 12 months.
- The new employment contract must be for an innovative type of job.
- The employee to be financed should not replace any other employee in the company. The job created must be for a newly created position or in a new sphere of responsibility.
- No more than two innovation assistants can be supported at the same time.
- Combination with personnel-cost grants under other job-centre programmes and measures is not permitted.
- Grants are provided as de-minimis assistance.
- The application must be submitted to Investitionsbank Berlin before the employment contract is signed with the innovation assistant.
- Using the application form provided, submit your application along with the necessary documents to IBB.
- Please use our list and the application form to complete your application. Application documents can be found at: www.ibb.de/ia. Alternatively, you can also now use the e-application service in order to submit all of your documents online. You will be required to register before using this service. If you have already successfully registered, you can login to the system directly. You can access the e-application service at: www.ibb.de/e_antrag.aspx.
- The processing time depends on the quality of your application documents and whether they are complete. Once we have received all the required documents, you can expect to receive an answer within six to eight weeks.
- IBB decides on support at its due discretion and within the scope of the funds available.
- If you receive a positive answer, IBB's approval notice is valid for three months. You are then required to sign the employment contract with the innovation assistant within this three-month period.
Applications can be submitted at any time. Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our customer centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
Business Customer Centre
Bundesallee 210, 10719 Berlin
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 2125-4747
Fax: +49 (0) 30 / 2125-4329