- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) according to the EU's definition
- Individuals renting or leasing commercial property with the place of investment in Berlin.
Rescue projects and companies in difficulty within the meaning of the European Commission's definition are not eligible.
- Investments, such as property, machines/equipment and fixtures and fittings
- Procurement and restocking of material, goods or spare parts inventories
- Acquisition of an existing company or active participation, however, not between first-degree relatives
- Equipment in conjunction with business expansion
Debt rescheduling and/or follow-up financing of investment financing already completed as well as financing for business rescue projects are generally not eligible.
- Application for financing via the applicant's bank
- Redeemable loans up to EUR 10m
- Financing for up to 100%
- Attractive, customer-specific fixed interest rates
- Variable loan terms with an initial grace period
Premature and partial repayment possible within the first fixed-interest period against payment of an early repayment fee
- Current interest rates can be found on the Internet at: www.ibb.de/berlinkredit.
- The standby commission totals 0.25% per month for the loan sum approved but not yet paid out, commencing two banking days and one month following the date of approval.
- Investments are typically financed up to 10 years with a maximum initial grace period of two years, and
- up to 20 years if at least two thirds of the eligible investment costs are used to acquire property, for commercial building costs or for the acquisition of companies or participations.
The borrower must provide collateral customary with commercial banks. The form and extent of collateral are agreed upon between the borrower and his bank.
- Applications must be submitted prior to commencing the project (for example, first binding order, conclusion of a purchase agreement, etc.).
- You should submit your application to your own bank with reference to the 'Berlin loan' programme of Investitionsbank Berlin (IBB). Your application should include the required documents.
- Please use our checklist and the application form to complete your application. The decision as to whether the loan is to be granted is made by your bank on the basis of their credit assessment and collateral check. If this check is positive, the bank approves the loan on the application form and passes the documents on to IBB.
- If you apply for a guarantee in your application, BBB Bürgschaftsbank zu Berlin-Brandenburg GmbH will also examine your loan documents at the same time as IBB.
- IBB will check whether all the preconditions for support are fulfilled. If the result is positive, IBB can approve the loan within a few working days. We will then contact you.
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our customer centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
You can find the application documents and the checklist for your application at: www.ibb.de/berlinkredit.
Business Customer Centre
Bundesallee 210, 10719 Berlin
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 2125-4747
Fax: +49 (0) 30 / 2125-4329