- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Smaller midcaps (medium-sized enterprises with fewer than 500 employees)
- Freelance professionals
with an operating facility or registered office in Berlin and who meet one of the specified innovation criteria (see brochure).
- Investments such as property, machines/equipment and material stocks
- Pre-financing for orders
- Working capital
- Internationalisation projects (with effects for Berlin)
- Loans amount: typically EUR 100,000 to EUR 2 million
- Payout of 100%, IBB provides 70% redemption from liability for the applicant's bank
- Payments are effected each quarter and in arrears
Liability redemption is made possible via the InnovFin SME guarantee, a facility backed under the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Union (Framework Programme for Research and Innovation) as well as the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) set up under the Investment Plan for Europe. The EFSI aims to secure the financing and implementation of productive investments in the European Union and to improve access to financing.
- Current interest rates can be found in the overview of terms and conditions (PDF)
- Flexible terms ranging from three to ten years
- Reduced risk-differentiated interest rate
The form and extent of collateral are agreed upon between the borrower and his bank.
- You should submit your application to your own bank with reference to the 'Berlin Innovative' programme of Investitionsbank Berlin (IBB). Your application should include the required documents.
- Please use our checklist and the application form to complete your application.
- Your bank will finance your project up to 100%. The decision as to whether the loan is to be granted is made by the applicant's bank on the basis of a credit assessment and collateral check. If this check is positive, the bank approves the loan on the application form and passes the documents on to IBB.
- Due to the 70% redemption from liability for the applicant's bank, IBB also performs a credit assessment. If the result is positive, IBB can approve the loan. We will then contact you.
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our customer centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
Business Customer Centre
Bundesallee 210, 10719 Berlin
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 2125-4747
Fax: +49 (0) 30 / 2125-4329