- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in manufacturing and production-related services as well as
- SMEs in defined clusters that are of outstanding importance for structural change at the location having their registered office and/or production facility in Berlin.
The following companies are generally not eligible for support:
- Trade businesses (retail/wholesale trade) without their own production and whose main purpose is the purchase and sale of goods or services
- Consultancy firms of any kind
- Freelance professionals
Participation in trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, exchanges, fashion shows and showrooms abroad of a mostly international and professional/technical nature unless such events primarily serve as direct sales events.
- Non-redeemable, earmarked grant in the form of partial financing for up to 50% of the expenditure eligible for support
- No support is available if other public grants have been received for the same funding purpose (prohibition on cumulation).
- The grant constitutes 'de-minimis' aid.
Participation in trade shows, exhibitions, conferences, exchanges, fashion shows and showrooms
- From EUR 3,000 to EUR 12,000 max. as support for each individual measure
- The overall expenditure eligible for subsidy must total at least EUR 6,000.
- Within one calendar year, support for participation in trade shows, exhibitions, or conferences as well as fashion shows or showrooms abroad is granted no more than three times.
- Funding is only available for projects that can be expected to generate sales, revenue and job effects for Berlin.
- Funding is only permitted when turnover has already been achieved by marketing products or services and proof of full financing for the support measures has been provided.
- Please submit your application to Investitionsbank Berlin no later than six weeks before starting the measure. Please note that the future starting date for the measures should not be more than twelve months from the date of your application.
- The application procedure can be carried out conveniently online using the protected upload procedure. Please use our online application form and the templates in the download centre at: www.ibb.de/internationalisierung.
- You can apply for funding for one or more measures in one application. A separate decision will then be made regarding each of the measures in the application.
- Funding can only be granted for projects that have not yet commenced at the time the application is submitted (received by IBB). The time of commencement is considered to be the time when a delivery or service agreement is signed for the project. It is not possible to sign up for a measure before submitting an application and this will result in rejection of the application.
Applications can be submitted at any time. Our customer centre will be pleased to answer any questions you may have regarding your application.
Business Customer Centre
Bundesallee 210, 10719 Berlin
Phone: +49 (0) 30 / 2125-4747
Fax: +49 (0) 30 / 2125-4329