Business development programmes for social entrepreneurs
We are the first business development bank in Germany to support social enterprises in Berlin.
'GründungsBONUS' at a glance
Company no more than 12 months in business
50% support for start-up costs up to EUR 50,000 max.
Financing of almost all costs during the start-up phase
'GründungsBONUS' in detail
Legally independent, profit-orientated start-ups, micro-enterprises and freelancers based in Berlin
- Start-ups may not be older than 12 months at the time of application.
- Founders must hold the majority of shares in the company.
- The business model must be technological, digital, creative or sustainable.
- A positive market and growth potential must be apparent for the location.
- The headquarters and, if applicable, the company facilities supported must remain in operation in Berlin for at least three years after the final payout.
- Material and investment costs
- Ongoing operating expenditure
- Personnel costs (gross employee costs) up to 50% max. of the total grant for founders and managing directors, maximum of EUR 2,000 per month per person
- Third-party services
- Consulting fees
- IT development costs
- Securing rights, patent applications
Eligible expenditure must be incurred within two years of submitting the application.
- Initial grant of 50% to cover eligible expenditure, however, up to a maximum of EUR 50,000 (as de-minimis aid)
- Payouts are made in accordance with the expense reimbursement principle in up to 5 tranches of at least 10% of the approved start-up support per tranche.
Please submit your application using the online application form available at www.gruendungsbonus.de.
Please contact us at the earliest possible date. Our customer centre will be pleased to answer detailed questions regarding the programme and assist you with your application.
Please note: Applications are accepted in German only.
If you require further financing, use our 'IBB MikroCrowd' programme. You can acquire additional capital by combining our micro-loan with crowd-funding. What’s more, you will be testing your project prior to its launch on the market.